It's Not Easy Bein GREEN

It's not easy being green...but there's so much we can do -
And when you become aware...you can make a difference too!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

So Much Waste

Each day that I am aware of the plastics around me that aren't recycleable, I am amazed at how much we buy is wrapped or packaged in plastic


I'm trying my hardest not to buy things in plastic, but even the outer wrapper of the recycled toilet paper   I buy is plastic.


For a week I have been saving all of the materials that are not recycleable, and this is just for two people.  I have to try much harder to help the environment and buy less of everything and especially things that are wrapped in plastic or put in styrofoam.


One good thing about this tub of unrecycleables.....I'm giving them to Kate, who will bring them to Whole Foods, who recycles alot of these things.

My pledge is to do better!

1 comment:

  1. It's an eye-opening experiment to sort your trash this way and realize how much plastic we throw away, much of it after only 1 use, just bringing it home to be thrown away. When you analyze it, you can start to see where you can make choices that use less plastic. Plastic is forever, so the less we can use, the better. The next best alternative is reusing and then recycling. Thanks for being brave enough to face the plastic! Please continue to share your observations and lessons!

    ReplyDelete