It's Not Easy Bein GREEN

It's not easy being green...but there's so much we can do -
And when you become aware...you can make a difference too!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Green, Glorious Green!

This weekend I was away and didn't have a chance to practice "Green", but I got some more ideas from my daughter.  I use those big bags of bird seed and they come in those very sturdy heavy plastic bags.  Kate suggested that I make a carry-all bag from the birdseed bag - what a great idea!  It's perfect and I can't wait to try this project.

Also, we were discussing her curtains for her family room and whe wanted color in there and I suggested that I make her curtains out of her t-shirt collection that I was going to make into a quilt.  This will bring color to the room and it's perfect for a play room where the boys play all the time.  I can't wait to get started!

I justed wanted to share some of the color of green things around my house...just because I love green!

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful!!! Your depression glass really is a treasure! I can see how much you love it by how lovingly you display it! It makes me happy whenever I see it now because it reminds me of you. And you've always been a really, really GREEN THUMB! (Thought I'd see your beautiful African violets here, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny...we used up some birdseed and Neat said to me "Kate would re-use this bag somehow..." LOL - here it is.

    ReplyDelete