It's Not Easy Bein GREEN

It's not easy being green...but there's so much we can do -
And when you become aware...you can make a difference too!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Slowly Turning Green

It's been awhile since I posted here, but little by little we have been going greener.  I save all my wrappers from protein bars, candy, etc. along with recyclable bags and things that I can give to Kate to send to terracycle.
We barely have any trash each week.  We eat on ceramic dishes and only use glass cups and glasses for drinks. 
We use wash cloths instead of paper towels.
We've even started eating home-grown eggs, since Leon's friend at work raises chickens and gives us all of our eggs now.  They are so good and we will continue to purchase eggs like this when we move to NJ.
I only run the dishwasher when it is completely full (probably once or twice a week).
I try not to buy items that aren't recyclable.
We don't get drinks at Chik-Fil-A anymore, since they only use styrafoam.
There is much more we are doing and will continue to do to try and save the earth. 
I plan on going to the beaches almost everyday once we move down the shore and pick up trash when I see it and maybe during those excursions I may find an ocean treasure like sea glass or something :)
Anyway....just wanted to fill you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment